Re: Quick Poll

Not sure where you are going, but you are probably interested in
linksets - as a way to package equivalence relations - typically in a
graph of its own.

http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#describing-linksets

To answer the questions:

Q1: d) in subject, property, object, or multiple of those.

Q2: No. We already reuse existing vocabularies and external
identifiers, and there could be a nested structure which is only
indirectly connected to "our" URIs.

<http://example.com/our/own> pav:authoredBy
<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718> .
<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718> foaf:name "Stian Soiland-Reyes" .

It's true you would also get the second triple from ORCID (remember
content negotiation!), but it's very useful for presentation and query
purposes to include these directly, e.g. in a VOID file.

In most cases we do however not have any "our URIs" except for
provenance statements. But perhaps Open PHACTS is special in that
regard as we are integrating other people's datasets and shouldn't be
making up any data of our own. :)

Perhaps also of interest:

In the Open PHACTS project <http://www.openphacts.org/> we use this
extensively - we let the end-user choose which linksets of weak and
strong equivalences they want to apply when a query is made. Such a
collection of linksets and their application we call a "lense" - so
you apply lenses to merge/unmerge your data. See
http://www.slideshare.net/alasdair_gray/gray-compcoref

In our identity mapping service
<http://www.openphacts.org/about-open-phacts/how-does-open-phacts-work/identities-within-open-phacts>
we pass in several parameters - the minimal is the URI to map.

See http://openphacts.cs.man.ac.uk:9092/QueryExpander/mapURI and use
http://rdf.ebi.ac.uk/resource/chembl/targetcomponent/CHEMBL_TC_2443 as
the URI.

We also have a piece of magic that can rewrite a SPARQL query to use
the mapped URIs for a given variable (adding FILTER statements) try -

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, eScience Lab
School of Computer Science