Re: linked open data and PDF

Hi

from PDFbox there are indeed chances to extract metadata (if I'm not wrong
the API are the same used inside Tika [1], which is largely adopted for
indexing out of the box, for example in the Solr context).
Metadata are simple name/value pairs in this context, but it's simple to
map them directly to an explicit RDF representation.

If I'm not wrong there was the project aperture [2] which does something
similar adopting several formats, but I don't know if it's still actively
mantained...

[1] http://tika.apache.org/
[2]
https://damnhandy.com/2009/08/09/adobe-xmp-packet-extraction-for-the-aperture-framework/