Re: "Microsoft Access" for RDF?

On 2/21/15 2:57 PM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> I am fully aware of the distinction between RDF as a data model and
> its serializations. That's why I wrote: "RDF *serializations* often
> group triples by subject URI."
>
> What I tweeted recently was, that despite having concept models and
> abstractions in our heads, when pipelining data and writing software
> we are dealing with concrete serializations. Am I not right?

Trouble here is that we have a terminology problem. If I disagree with
you (about terminology), it is presumed I am lecturing.

FWIW -- serialization formats, notations, and languages are not the same
thing. Unfortunately, all of these subtly distinct items are conflated
in RDF-land.

> So what I mean with "it works" is that our RDF/POST-based user
> interface is simply a generic function of the RDF graph behind it, in
> the form of XSLT transforming the RDF/XML serialization.
>
> I commented on concurrency in the previous email, but you haven't
> replied to that.

I'll go find that comment, and respond if need be. Otherwise, I would
rather just make time to use your RDF editing tool and provide specific
usage feedback, in regards to the issues of concern and interest to me.

Kingsley