Re: Survey on Faceted Browsers for RDF data ?

Hi Christian,
If you produce a list of platforms/browsers for RDF, you'd create a valuable resource for the open data / Web of data community.  Thanks in advance.  Please share with the list when completed.

Please add the Callimachus Project to your list.[1]  Callimachus is an Open Source web application server. It's an actively supported Open Source project that commercial companies, including 3 Round Stones support.  Callimachus is on GitHub.[2]

Used by government agencies, healthcare organizations and scientific researchers, Callimachus is used to to rapidly build and visualize data from the public Web or behind the firewall. It uses a Linked Data approach and based on W3C data standards, including RDF.

Developers use a range of JavaScript libraries for visualizations, including D3 and Google Charts. Here is a sampling of apps that use Callimachus -- I share these to show it goes well beyond faceted browsing.

Open Data Directory - Simple app - A crowdsourced community run directory of organizations using Linked Data for projects, see the W3C Open Data Directory [3]

GeoHealth US - In beta. GeoHealth.us generates hundreds of millions of data-driven pages, including visualizations (heat maps, pollution reports, etc) related to environmental exposure and related diseases. It will be launched at the upcoming National Health Datapalooza in Washington DC in early June.[4]

ORGpedia - A research project funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation <http://www.sloan.org/> and led by New York University  <http://www.nyu.edu/>Professor Beth Noveck's team at the Wagner School of Public Policy.[5]

WeatherHealth - A pilot for Sentara Healthcare. It combines data from multiple government open data sites to demonstrate  the power of patient education for better health.[6]

Linked Data Books website.[7] This community run site publishes resources for developers, executives and academics. It's open to anyone who wishes to add a publication to the list.  If during your research you identify some good books to add, please send us an email. The Linked Data Books website was created using the Callimachus Project.

Lastly, Callimachus served as a reference implementation for the Linked Data Platform.[8]

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland
CEO, 3 Round Stones, Inc.

http://3roundstones.com  || http://about.me/bernadettehyland