Re: AW: Searching for references to a certain URI

On 9/26/14 9:52 AM, Neubert Joachim wrote:
> The uriburner seems to bring up data mostly from a lookup of the
> original uri. It includes (via scioc:links_to) the link from the
> English wikipedia page, yet misses that from the German one. So it
> also seems to cover only parts of the data hidden somewhere on the web.

It depends on what you are seeking, there's a little more to the
URIBurner instance (and other Virtuoso instances for that matter). For
instance, subject to ACLs, a Virtuoso SPARQL endpoint will allow you
crawl the LOD cloud for additional relations in which your URI is either
the subject or object [1][2]. To do that you simply need to invoke a
SPARQL query where the Virtuoso Web crawl pragmas are enabled.

Trouble is that there need to be Linked Data sources in the mix for the
crawler to de-reference, which is problematic here:

curl -IH "Accept: text/turtle" http://d-nb.info/gnd/120273152
HTTP/1.1 303 See Other