Re: How to model valid time of resource properties?

On 10/16/14 11:15 AM, Frans Knibbe | Geodan wrote:
> On 2014-10-14 19:24, Carsten Keßler wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> here’s another paper that discusses different approaches:
>> http://carsten.io/trame-kessler-kuhn-cosit2013.pdf
>
> Thank you! Yes, that paper is also a good read. Now my head is
> spinning even more :-)
>
> If I may try to summarize, it is saying that neither reification nor
> named graphs are satisfactory solutions, but turning/events/ into
> first class citizens and making them explicit /is/.
>
> Do you think this approach in recommendable in all cases where
> resources have properties that can undergo change? Wouldn't it
> obfuscate direct relationships between things in much the same way as
> turning a property into a class would?
>
> Regards,
> Frans

Events are entities like anything else, that you can describe using RDF.

[1] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9VP4GUF -- event:Event instances
with triangulation (via follow-your-nose) to Event Ontology etc..
[2] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/8FUQED -- ISWC4 description
(leverages timeline, event, and RDF statement reification ontology terms) .

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com