Re: type of http://dbpedia.org/page/Bachelor_of_Arts

I think the real problem here is that it is you can't make one database to
satisfy everyone's requirements.

For instance if you want to build a system to do reasoning about academic
and professional credentials,  this is easiest to build on top of an
ontology (data structures) that is designed for the task and with data that
is curated for the task.

Like other databases,  there is some serious overlap with DBpedia (enough
that you could populate or enrich a credentials database from DBpedia),
 but you're always going to fight with the "notability requirement" in
Wikipedia.  Sooner or later there will be concept that is essential to your
scheme that is not there.

That's no reason not to hook up with DBpedia,  but it is to recognize that
is not going to please everybody and a big part of the value is of an
exchange language -- and the fact that a DBpedia link is as good a link to
human documentation as it is to machine readable.

--
Paul Houle
Expert on Freebase, DBpedia, Hadoop and RDF