Re: type of http://dbpedia.org/page/Bachelor_of_Arts

Hi Valentina,

I am not sure whether I understand you correctly. There might be cases
of metonymy in DBpedia, but as far as I can see, Wikipedia is usually
quite good at separating them via disambiguation pages, I am not sure
whether there are too many example.

The problem with the degrees, as far as I can tell, is not a metonymy
one (degrees are just degrees, I have never seen them used to refer to a
university), but simply a series of shortcomings in DBpedia. What
happens here inside DBpedia is the following:
* First, we find an infobox which says that someone's almaMater is, say,
"Princeton University (B.A.)". Both Princeton and B.A. are linked to the
respective Wikipedia pages.
* The extraction framework extracts two statements from that:
PersonX almaMater Princeton_University, and
PersonX almaMater Bachelor_of_Arts
(the second one being an error, which is very hard to avoid in the
general case)
* Since that happens a few times, we infer that Bachelor_of_Arts is a
University.

So in that case, I think it's purely a DBpedia problem. If you are aware
of any actual cases of metonymy, however, I am curious to hear about that.

All the best,
Heiko