Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

On 10/8/14 3:13 PM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> On 2014-10-08 18:38, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Sarven,
>>
>> Linked Open Data dogfooding, re., issue tracking i.e., a 5-Star Linked
>> Open Data URI that identifies Github issue tracker for Linked Data
>> Research:
>>
>> [1]
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/https/github.com/csarven/linked-research/issues/4
>>
>> -- Linked Open Data URI (basic entity description page)
>> [2] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/8FDBH7 -- deeper follow-your-nose
>> over relations facets oriented entity description page
>> [3]
>> http://bit.ly/vapor-report-on-linked-data-uri-that-identifies-a-github-issue-re-linked-research-data
>>
>> -- Vapor Report (re., Linked Open Data principles adherence) .
>
> It's pretty cool that you can grab stuff out of GitHub issues, even
> comments!
>
> "Papers" link to code and then to commits and issues. See also [1].
>
> Even comments e.g., [2]. Or even in the direction of "paper" comments
> which can be integrated and picked right up from the page e.g., [3].
> Just need to add ±1 buttons and triplify the review ;) With WebID+ACL,
> we have the rest.
>
> Do I have write access (via WebID?)to something like [4] ? e.g.,
> deleting an older label or triple :)
>
> [1] http://git2prov.org/
> [2]
> https://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/csarven.ca/call-for-linked-research
>
> [3]
> https://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/csarven.ca/sense-of-lsd-analysis%01comment_20140808164434
>
> [4]
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/https/github.com/csarven/linked-research/issues/4
>

> -Sarven

Yes, there are WebID+TLS and/or NetID+TLS based ACLs [1][2][3] in place.
In addition, you can always make a full TURTLE doc in some data space,
or embed your TURTLE in any text slot (e.g., comments or description
fields) provided by a Web app/service using Nanotation, and you are set
re. payload for upload into URIBurner. Basically, you have the following
RWW options:

1. Append RDF statements to the existing the RDF document (named graph)
identified by IRI <http://csarven.ca/sense-of-lsd-analysis> -- all you
do is refresh  the URIBurner URI as data changes in github
(?sponger:get=add at the end of a URIBurner URI has this effect)

2. Overwrite statements in the existing RDF document (named graph) --
simply add ?@Lookup@=&refresh=clean to the end of the URIBurner URI, for
this effect.

Of course there's lots more, but I'll let this flow one step at a time :-)

Links:

[1]
http://bit.ly/enterprise-identity-management-and-attribute-based-access-controls
[2]
http://www.slideshare.net/kidehen/how-virtuoso-enables-attributed-based-access-controls/34
-- WebID-TLS (authenticates WebIDs)
[3]
hhttp://www.slideshare.net/kidehen/how-virtuoso-enables-attributed-based-access-controls/40
-- NetID-TLS (authenticates LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Amazon,
Dropbox, and many other identities)
[4] http://bit.ly/blog-post-about-nanotation -- Nanotation (this SHOULD
work wherever you're able to input plain text).

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com