Re: LOD cloud diagram ?

On 5/4/14 7:12 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> Circa. 2014, we shouldn't be depending on any piece of platform specific
>> technology to create a graphical representation of datasets across the
>> entire LOD cloud, or specific sub segments of said cloud.
> What do you mean by platform specific? So far most LOD interfaces I've
> seen are cross-platform. Not sure what you mean by "platform" though.

OmniGraffle [1] is Mac OS X and iOS specific.

When tools and data are loosely coupled you end up with the ecosystem I
envisage i.e., the tools and data should plug together like lego. For
instance, you can expose Linked Data from various sources using SPARQL
URLs. These URLs can resolve to data in different document content
formats (including CSV).

CSV is useful due to broad support by many tools.

[1] http://www.omnigroup.com/omniGraffle - OmniGraffle

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com