Re: ORCID as Linked Data

from "ORCID Outreach Meeting (May 21 & 22, 2014) report":
http://blogs.nd.edu/emorgan/2014/06/orcid/

the author of the article experimented w. ORCID RDF but found its data
insufficient and used other APIs to get additional data:

"
Unfortunately, the RDF output only included the merest of FOAF-based
information, and I was interested in bibliographic citations.

Consequently I shifted gears, took advantage of the ORCID-specific
API, and I decided to do some text mining. Specifically, I wrote a
Perl program — orcid.pl — that takes an ORCID identifier as input (ie.
0000-0002-9952-7800) and then:

queries ORCID for all the works associated with the identifier**
extracts the DOIs from the resulting XML
feeds the DOIs to a program called Tika for the purposes of extracting
the full text from documents
concatenates the result into a single stream of text, and sends the
whole thing to standard output
"