Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - Missed data sources.

On 25/07/2014 15:00, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> On 2014-07-25 20:46, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>> On 2014-07-25 20:14, ahogan@dcc.uchile.cl wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>
>> Given the state of CKAN, or at least the version that's running
>> datahub.io now, looking solely at the lodcloud group [4], may be
>> misleading. I can't recall exact dates now, but, there has been a number
>> of important changes in the past which made it difficult to pick-up on
>> the lodcloud-worthy datasets. For instance, when organizations [5] were
>> introduced, datasets dangled around in the global pool. To "reclaim"
>> them, you had to create an organization and move the datasets over, with
>> permission from the datahub admins. AFAIK (things may have changed) you
>> can't have a dataset that belongs to an organization and have it also
>> assigned to a group. I suspect that, many (myself included), would
>> prefer to manage the organization instead of handing it over to group
>> admins. So, this may partially be the reason why the lodcloud group is
>> not as active.
>>
>> [4] http://datahub.io/group/lodcloud
>> [5] http://datahub.io/organization
>
> Correction: I was thinking of the lodcloud organization [6]. At one
> point (may still be the case), you couldn't have a dataset belonging to
> two different organizations. So, it meant that either the organization
> of the dataset owner managed it, or handed it over to [6].
>
> I'm sure Ross Jones can clarify.
>
> [6] http://datahub.io/organization/lodcloud

Okay, thanks for the clarification! So if I understand correctly, there's
the possibility that other eligible Linked Datasets have been made
available that weren't registered in the LOD Cloud group? If so, is there
any other way of estimating how many datasets this might include in, say,
the past 12 months?

Best,
Aidan