Re: Linked Data and Semantic Web CoolURIs, 303 redirects and Page Rank.

On 7/23/14 2:05 PM, Michael Smethurst wrote:
> For internal usage it's all probably fine. But I still think it's a
> pattern that shouldn't be generally encouraged.

Its a "horses for courses" matter :-)

If you choose to use hashless HTTP URIs in regards to entity denotation,
you have to make the extra investment required (via 303 heuristics) for
entity disambiguation [1].

Note, there are changes to HTTP that also reduce some of the confusion
in this realm. For instance the use "Content-Location:" response headers
to aid disambiguation [2].

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/WAJGCp -- HTTP URI denotation in a single slide

[2] https://twitter.com/kidehen/status/476039386425868288 -- HTTP changes

[3] https://twitter.com/ereteog/status/487935205240766464/photo/1 --
nice picture, but would be even clearer it had a hash based HTTP URI
denoting the zebra re., denoting on the Web, what exists.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com