Re: Attribute or Property Ontology?

Hi David,

Yes, thanks, it was an oversight not to mention QUDT. Sorry, Ralph, this
is a valuable resource, and we have used it in the past.

But, per my more general interests, its scope of units of measurement
does not capture the broad extent of attributes and characterizations.

What I am finding perplexing is that we have many examples of upper
ontologies and such to describe the concepts of the world and their
relationships (the TBox), but apparently have no similar sources for
attributes or properties (the ABox).

Mike

On 7/10/2014 10:03 PM, David Booth wrote:
> On 07/10/2014 10:42 PM, Mike Bergman wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been looking for an ontology that organizes and describes
>> possible characteristics or attributes for common entity types, such as
>> what might be found in a key-value pair in Wikipedia infoboxes and such.
>
> I don't know if this is quite what you seek, but Ralph Hodgson of Top
> Quadrant, and others, did a lot of work on producing a units ontology:
> http://www.qudt.org/
>
> David

Michael K. Bergman
CEO  Structured Dynamics LLC