Re: HTTPS for RDF URIs?

Hi all

regarding opaque uri: maybe a difference in the scheme could be seen as a
complementary to a different type extension.
If i'm referring for example to the resource http://wiki/page.html or
http://wiki/page.rdf i probably expect two different representation on the
same resource, from a technical REST-like approach. Should we interpet also
those as opaques?
Sorry if this is probably a sort of recurring question.
If the formats for type extension are acceptable, the best would be in
using also the schem much like in the same way. For example I suppose that
I could have also have something like: file://wiki/page.html, for a local
copy. Is this acceptable in theory?