Re: Encoding an incomplete date as xsd:dateTime

Hi Heiko,

Unless you want to use another ontology (e.g. BIO [1][2] or
schema.org[3]), I'd probably go ahead and break that contract,
although it is not
technically safe (AFAIK, it's a violation of OWL semantics). It depends on
the expected consumption of your data.

I would say that the vcard ontology formally needs to be fixed to allow for
more variation. It actually seems to have been amended somewhat in 2010
[4], to at least not require the exact second (or fraction thereof) of the
birth. But that's hardly enough. A lot of the point of datatyped literals
in RDF is lost when datatype properties are locked down like this.

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://vocab.org/bio/0.1/.html
[2]: http://wiki.foaf-project.org/w/BirthdayIssue