Re: [Ann] WebVOWL 0.3 - Visualize your ontology on the web

On 19 December 2014 at 17:57, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
wrote:

> On 12/19/14 10:49 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are glad to announce the release of WebVOWL 0.3, which integrates our
>> OWL2VOWL converter now. WebVOWL works in modern web browsers without any
>> installation so that ontologies can be instantly visualized. Check it out
>> at: http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl.html
>>
>> To the best of our knowledge, WebVOWL is the first comprehensive ontology
>> visualization completely based on open web standards (HTML, SVG, CSS,
>> JavaScript). It implements VOWL 2, which has been designed in a
>> user-oriented process and is clearly specified at
>> http://vowl.visualdataweb.org (incl. references to scientific papers).
>>
>> Please note that:
>> - WebVOWL is a tool for ontology visualization, not for ontology modeling.
>> - VOWL considers many language constructs of OWL but not all of them yet.
>> - VOWL focuses on the visualization of the TBox of small to medium-size
>> ontologies but does not sufficiently support the visualization of very
>> large ontologies and detailed ABox information for the time being.
>> - WebVOWL 0.3 implements the VOWL 2 specification nearly completely, but
>> the current version of the OWL2VOWL converter does not.
>> These issues are subject to future work.
>>
>> Have fun with it!
>>
>> On behalf of the VOWL team,
>> Steffen
>>

> Great job! Clearly "when it rains, it pours!"
>
> Lot's of great Linked Data visualizations are now popping up everywhere,
> just what we all needed.
>
> Question:
>
> Would you be able to make HTTP URIs that identify terms defined by a
> selected ontology live? For instance, if I am exploring FOAF, and I click
> on the foaf:Agent node, I should have an HTTP URI anchoring the text "Agent
> [FOAF]" which then makes that node a live LOD Cloud conduit. I notice you
> provide this capability via "selection details", but I don't think most
> will realize its existence.
>
> In addition to the suggestion above, do you have a permalink feature that
> makes any visualization doc shareable via HTTP URLs ?

Great work!

Docs are shareable

http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl/index.html#iri=http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns

I would normally expect a ? in the query string however, rather than, #
which I presume is the 1337 way to hide the ontology from the server.