Re: ANN: datos.bne.es, the new Linked Data service from the National Library of Spain

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for the very quick feedback :-)

El 03/12/14 11:56, Richard Light escribió:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to dereference a work:
>
> http://datos.bne.es/edicion/Mimo0000379726
>
> it does the correct 303 redirects based on content type, but I get an
> empty result for both Turtle and RDF/XML.
>
> For authors:
>
> http://datos.bne.es/autor/XX1000054
>
> there is some data, but it contains no links to the author's works, so
> it isn't very "Linked Data".

There is problably some mismatch between the data feeding the content
negotiation and the data feeding the portal due to the recent updates we
made, we will look more in detail into this. It is not an issue of not
being linked data, if we have links presents will give them back to you
in both views HTML and RDF flavours as in:
http://datos.bne.es/autor/XX1020842.ttl and
http://datos.bne.es/autor/XX1020842.html
> Also, there seems to be some confusion in the URL pattern: the subject
> URL within the RDF is http://datos.bne.es/resource/XX1000054, i.e.
> "resource" replaces "autor".
We have kept the canonical URIs for things that we published in previous
versions: http://datos.bne.es/resource/ which correspond to
non-information resources and use the 303 mechanism to provide different
representations, in this case changing to a typed URI pattern + the file
extension, this was motivated to support nicer URIs for the
human-oriented content of the portal and its similar to patterns like
the one used in DBpedia where they do /resource/ --> /page/ or
/resource/ --> /data/ + the file extension for RDF representations.

Thank you very much for your comments, they help us to improve the service.

Daniel