Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - what is the message?

Chris hi,

i would be interested in  discussing what is the message that will
accompany this new version?

If i am not wrong there appear to be more bubbles than "last time here" so
i wonder is the message that's going out with this diagram that  "adoption
has increased" (e.g. as there were 200 and now there are 500)?

if so, i do wonderif that is not misleading, based on this diagram alone.

For example how many of these are published by independent individuals or
organizations (some IP technique might be handy here also)?

That statusnet, gov.uk, bio2rdf etc has gone a bit more industrial and
published plenty of dataset is good, but is that significative in
evaluating a general data publishing technology?

More interesting it would be: how many of these are private companies, not
in the context of a publicly funded research projects? are there many that
are just created by "hackers" or students just making a point?

So many of the old datasets seem to have disappeared, what hapened to them?

Are those that stayed alive really and used? (i see http://revyu.com who's
biggest tag is "good beers from 2007" the year where it was used by people
at the banff conference)
Is the usage really significant? (is see "apache" "o'reilly" - really?)

So. bottom line.

Sure one can say "hey we gave a definition and we're following it to create
this diagram, everything else is out of the question".

.. and sure it doesnt have to be YOU answeing all those questions above. (i
guess your list of sites is public for other to investigate?).

I would however think it important that the message sent with this new
diagram did its best to avoid being possibly misleading :)

What are your thoughts?
Gio