Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - First draft and last feedback.

On 8/16/14 2:19 PM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
>> The issues arise from the conclusions.
> But I don't really see issues on Vapour. Where did you find them?

There is an aspect to Vapour's conclusions that we need to make a little
clearer. Basically, this is an assessment of the denotation and
connotation discerned from processing the URIs in question. Note, there
is an option that indicates use of RDF to make sense of the HTTP URIs it
processes (the option I used in my report).

>> Basically, the denotation (name) aspect of the term isn't associated with its connotation (description document), via a discernible RDF relation.
> Yes it is:
>
> <http://data.mmlab.be/mmlab?subject=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.mmlab.be%2Fpeople%2FAnastasia%2BDimou>
>      dcterms:subject <http://data.mmlab.be/people/Anastasia+Dimou>.

Aha!

So we can solve this easily, the inference rules used by vapour simply
need to include this particular relation.

>> Hence output such as:
>>
>> <http://data.mmlab.be/mmlab?subject=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.mmlab.be%2Fpeople%2FAnastasia%2BDimou> denotes a Web document bearing JSON-LD content.
> No, it denotes a Web document; one of its possible representations is in JSON-LD format, but there are others (HTML, Turtle).
>
>> ## Assuming the document describes a single term
>>
>> <http://data.mmlab.be/mmlab?subject=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.mmlab.be%2Fpeople%2FAnastasia%2BDimou>
>> foaf:primaryTopic <http://data.mmlab.be/people/Anastasia+Dimou> .
> Is dcterms:subject enough?

Yes it is, absolutely!

I'll have that added to our Vapour implementation.

Kingsley

> Best,
>
> Ruben
>
>> [2] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/c/9DQHQJ4L - actual description of Anastasia Dimou
> Since when does my colleague have a stylesheet? ;-)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com