Re: Updated LOD Cloud Diagram - First draft and last feedback. - sameAs.org

Hi Chris,
On 15 Aug 2014, at 11:15, Christian Bizer <chris@bizer.de> wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> thank you very much for your positive feedback.
Richly deserved.

> Yes, we decided not to include sameAs.org as we understand it to be more a
> service that works on top of the LOD cloud than an actual dataset that
> contributes additional data to the cloud.
> We hope that this interpretation is OK with you.
It is certainly OK leaving it out.
But I don’t agree it does not contribute additional data to the cloud.
It publishes millions of triples that are not available (all the inferred sameAs triples), and they would be very hard for people to construct themselves, as they are cross-domain.
It also bridges gaps between different equivalence predicates - although of course some people won’t want that!
In that sense the main sameAs.org store is a search engine, and provides discovery that would be practically impossible to do any other way.

Anyway, encouraged by Kingsley ( :-) ), I have opened all the sameAs sites up to LDSpider:- so next time the crawl is likely to get a load of them.
We’ll get to see what it looks like!

Best
Hugh