Re: Princeton WordNet RDF

On 4/16/14 5:14 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:
> Great job!
>
> I want to stress that content-negotiation support for all types is
> certainly *not* a requirement for a linked data set. The syntax
> support or the extra header information being proposed by several
> members would certainly make the data nicer, as probably other dozen
> of other things would, but this is still valid linked data.
>
> Just because linked data should be simple ;)

Our Vapour extensions are not mandating content negotiation (remember
the powerful # based HTTP URI etc..). They just help folks understand
HTTP URI driven denotation and connotation via name->address
indirection. These extensions also allow the incorporation of RDF
semantics (without surfacing any scary stuff) e.g., the first check box
invokes a modality whereby the agent uses RDF semantics to attempt to
make sense of the content it receives when an HTTP URI is dereferenced.

To cut a long story short, this is about Linked Data demystification,
which has the sole goal of making Linked Data much simpler to
understand, exploit, and deploy :-)

Kingsley