From: Arvind Padmanabhan [mailto:arvindpdmn@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 9:24 AM
To: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: How to Find Ontologies and Data for Reuse

Hi Folks,
I wish to create a web application specific to the domain of Indian Classical Music. I know the LOD project has lots of publicly available data. Two questions:
1. How do I find ontologies that I can reuse for my application? A general ontology on music will be useful but beyond that someone might have already defined a more specific ontology for my domain. How do I find that?
2. There might already be lots of data instances in this domain. How do I find them? This will help me determine areas where data is missing so that I can focus on filling those gaps.
In the spirit of reuse, is there a tool I can use to find applicable sources? I am starting of with Indian Classical Music but in future I will extend this work to all data pertaining to India.
Thanks,
Arvind