Re: SPARQL results in RDF

You'll get me using CONSTRUCT soon :-)
(By the way, Tim's actual CONSTRUCT WHERE query isn't allowed because of the FILTER).

In the end, I just wrote a little service to process the XML into turtle, so I do want I want now.
The problem is that the only result format I can rely on an endpoint giving is XML:- CSV and TSV (the other standards) which would have been easier are not always supported, it seems.
One thing I was trying to do (as Tim distinguished) was have the result set, bindings and all, in RDF, if for nothing else than credibility and PR.
Because it is true that people I explain Linked Data, RDF and conneg to and then go on to RDF stores just can't understand how I can tell them about this wonderful RDF, but when they ask or even try to do a conneg to the endpoint they don't get RDF.

I think one answer is to ignore SELECT completely, and just talk about CONSTRUCT.
It makes a lot more sense - in fact I might do that myself.

One fly in the ointment for that is that (as far as I can tell), even though I get RDF turtle or whatever back from an endpoint, it doesn't allow me to conneg for Accept:application/rdf+xml
At least dbpedia seems to give 406 Unacceptable.
Is there some adjustment that could be made here?
I know it would be a fudge, but if I request Accept:application/rdf+xml on a SPARQL endpoint, using a CONSTRUCT, would it be so bad to actually return RDFXML?

Thanks for all the interesting discussion.
Hugh