Re: SPARQL results in RDF

1) I can see Hugh's frustration that the RDF system is incomplete
in a way.   You tell everyone you have a model which can
be used for anything and then make something which doesn't use it.
What's wrong with this picture?

Standardising/using/adopting http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/result-set
would solve that.

(The file actually defines terms like
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/result-set#resultVariable
without the ".n3")

2)   Different (I think) from what you want Hugh, but something I have thought would be handy would b a CONSTRUCT *  where it returns the sub graphs it matches as turtle, ideally without duplicates.
This would be nice for lots of things, such as extracting a subset of a dataset.

CONSTRUCT * WHERE {  ?x name ?y; age ?a; ?p ?o.} FILTER { a > 18 }

Tim