Re: Call for maintainers - Musicbrainz RDFa markup

Yves, thanks for this call-to-arms: one I also just made yesterday at the
ESWC Summer School, where we're busy this week with lots of music-based
Linked Data teaching, including using the MusicBrainz R2RML mappings [1]
that also owe their existence to the LinkedBrainz project.

To be clear about the relationship, LinkedBrainz developed D2RQ mappings
alongside the perl code to embed RDFa in the HTML generation process in the
MusicBrainz codeset. Since then, as part of the EUCLID project, I have
transitioned the mappings to the R2RML standard and found a couple of
willing contributors. Unfortunately none of us feel qualified to keep the
RDFa in sync.

One solution is to find someone who can, and come together to keep the two
in sync (already through 3+ significant musicbrainz RDBMS schema changes
since the LinkedBrainz project); another is (which would be very sad) to
lose the RDFa and re-examine the decision whether separate RDF-resolvable
resources could be provided at MB.org or elsewhere.

Barry

[1] github.com/LinkedBrainz/MusicBrainz-R2RML