Re: What is the correct approximate number of LOD datasets?

+1

I too think it depends very much on the approach.  If you are looking for customers (identity) or are looking for a cultural or shared values (community), symmetry rules, but not in an obvious way.  (reverse the symmetry with the link at the top of the page).

(data sets, Data Science and Data Journalism)
http://www.rustprivacy.org/faca/simTLD/get_subs.php?subs=XD
(Planning and Performance)
http://www.rustprivacy.org/faca/simTLD/get_subs.php?subs=QS

Page Rank imposes a symmetry plane from top to bottom of a list (a superior/inferior plane).  That can be a challenge.

For example, all governments try to boost tourism - they are attracting customers.   When enumerating cultural and territorial features which may be attractive by reference, Testimonials ("The neighbors went there and loved it") are
 different from curiosity ("Never heard of it, tell me more"). Agnostic "data" will attract both.

http://www.rustprivacy.org/faca/simTLD/get_subs.php?subs=AU

(used AU=Australia because the graphs are smallish, it works for just about anywhere.  LOD does not *always* scale to a small screen, Public data ? Are you serious !?)

--Gannon