Re: Announcing the EBI RDF Platform

Dear EBI RDF team,

Congratulations on the release of this hard work. I am so happy to see that the hard work by the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics to make UniProt semantic
is included in this platform. This really shows of the nice things about RDF and SPARQL cross organisational querying from day one!

For example try this http://bit.ly/1e6hv83 (at the uniprot endpoint)! Here we query the Reactome and UniProt endpoint in one go.

All in all a great day for RDF and SPARQL in the life sciences!
Regards,
Jerven

On Oct 8, 2013, at 3:45 PM, James Malone <malone@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Today, we officially launched the EBI RDF Platform http://www.ebi.ac.uk/rdf
>
> The new platform, built in response to input from industry, provides access to bioinformatics resources that support Semantic Web technologies. EMBL-EBI hosts a comprehensive range of freely available molecular databases. Increasingly, these public resources are committing to providing and supporting RDF versions of their data. The RDF platform helps developers get to grips with the technology and the data, supporting further integration of applications. Over time, the goal is to create a seamless experience for scientists exploring the scientific literature and the data that supports it, spanning genes, expression, proteins, pathways, networks and many other types.

> Press release: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/about/news/press-releases/RDF-platform
>
> My own informal thoughts are here: http://drjamesmalone.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/announcing-ebi-rdf-platform-but-what.html
>

> --
> James Malone, PhD
> Blog:
> http://drjamesmalone.blogspot.co.uk/
>
> Twitter:
> https://twitter.com/jamesmalone
>

> European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI)
> European Molecular Biology Laboratory
> Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
> Hinxton
> Cambridge CB10 1SD
> United Kingdom
> Tel: + 44 (0) 1223 494 676

Jerven Bolleman                        Jerven.Bolleman@isb-sib.ch
SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics      Tel: +41 (0)22 379 58 85
CMU, rue Michel Servet 1               Fax: +41 (0)22 379 58 58
1211 Geneve 4,
Switzerland     www.isb-sib.ch - www.uniprot.org
Follow us at https://twitter.com/#!/uniprot