Re: How to publish SPARQL endpoint limits/metadata?

On 8-10-2013 12:22, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> Perhaps VoID could help if you create your own feature [1] which
> describes your limitation added on the server?
Thanks, I did not know about this part of VoID. But two things make me
wonder if it is appropriate:

1) Void:feature can be used for expressing certain technical features of
a dataset. But a dataset and a SPARQL endpoint are different things,
aren't they?
2) If I make up my own way of publishing endpoint metadata, how are
other parties ever going to find those data?

> As a sidenote, maybe next to a SPARQL endpoint, just providing the
> datadumps would be great as well?
Yes, I guess that is certainly a good idea. It will be of help for some
of the usage scenarios.

--
*Geodan*

T +31 (0)20 - 5711 347