Re: Announce: YouID 1.4.0 Released

On 11/17/13 8:41 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen,
>
> I could not help wonder, how is YouID related to FOAF+SSL and WebID?
>
> Brent

It generates Digital Identity Cards (using the X.509 standard) that bear
a WebID (HTTP URI that denotes an Agent) in the Subject Alternative Name
(SAN) field. Once the cards are generated you can then perform tasks
such as:

1. Digitally sign emails -- which then enables you take advantage of
S/MIME for digitally singing and/or encrypting emails .

2. Provide verifiable identity for authentication protocols such as
WebID+TLS -- where the WebID in the SAN field resolves to a document
(hosted on Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Box.NET, ODS-Briefcase etc..
that contains) that contains mirrors of important identity claims (e.g.,
public key, fingerprint etc..)  matching those stored locally on your
iOS device .

3. Enable the combined use of verifiable identity and authentication
protocols to drive protected access to data using access controls lists
(acls) or data access policies.

Links:

[1] http://bit.ly/13ZMWJs -- earlier post titled "WebID Dogfood
Exercise" posted on the LOD list a while back
[2] http://bit.ly/14wIjhl -- G+ post about the same exercise with
related links etc..

Kingsley