Re: Which datatype to use for time intervals

Why don't you invent one and publish a reasonably exact specification of it (ideally, a grammar for its legal lexical strings and an unambiguous specification of its lexical-to-value mapping)? Then other people can use it also. The world needs such a thing.

You don't need a licence from the W3C to create a datatype :-)

Pat Hayes

On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:42 AM, Svensson, Lars <L.Svensson@dnb.de> wrote:

> All,
>
> Milorad wrote:
>> I was wandering maybe someone have any advice how to approach
>> modeling the following construction that is in my opinion closely related to
>> your question but stated in somewhat more general manner:
>
> Thanks for your pointers.  Before this discussion turns into a forum on how to _model_ temporal resources, I'll just throw in that I'm not looking for an owl ontology or any kind of elegant data model, but just a simple datatype that I can use like this:
>
> my:event ex:tookPlaceDuring "2007-03-01T13:00:00Z/2008-05-11T15:30:00Z"^^some:datatype . # The interval is an ISO 8601 expression for from-to
>
> Is there any known datatype I can use for "some:datatype" in the example above? I want to keep it simple...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lars

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)