Re: Is science on sale this week?

the question is simple. both, eswc and iswc are prominent conferences
because of a serious review process, a well structured set of
committees working hard at the time of organization... but most of
all, because we the community have accepted both conferences to be
important. this will not change. so my point is, are publishers
contributing with money,  serious money, to the organization of the
conferences? how are they buying and how are we selling the
publication rights? If tomorrow there were no springer how much would
that affect the finances of eswc and iswc? substantially? why not
enforcing an open publication policy for iswc and eswc? why not
selling publication rights as a bidding process?

>>> http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/75943.html