New LOD Cloud Cache -- 51 Billion+ Triples in Virtuoso 7.0

From: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:51:31 -0400
To: Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com>
All,

We are pleased to unveil the new Virtuoso 7.0 LOD Cloud Cache [1][2].

Naturally, this release takes full advantage of performance and
scalability enhancements for both SPARQL and SQL delivered by the
new Virtuoso DBMS engine.

To aid understanding of what's now possible, we've published a
Google Spreadsheet [3] including response times for a collection
of analytics-oriented queries and which anyone can perform against
the new public SPARQL endpoint.

Links:

1. LOD Cloud Cache home page
   (for text searches, label, and/or URI lookups) --
   http://lod.openlinksw.com/

2. LOD Cloud Cache SPARQL endpoint --
   http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql

3. Sample queries showing Virtuoso 7.0's effect on latest
   LOD Cloud Cache (comprised of 51 Billion+ relations) --
   http://bit.ly/YQMHo2

Related:

 Virtuoso 7.0 blog announcement -- http://bit.ly/18FXEL5

 Column Store Tutorial from Peter Boncz and +Daniel Abadi --
  http://bit.ly/17oSWk9

 Prof. Michael Stonebraker talks about NoSQL and NewSQL
  as they relate to Big Data --
  http://slidesha.re/13RzSfq

 IEEE Data Engineering Technical Bulletin which includes
  coverage of Column-Stores and Virtuoso --
  http://bit.ly/166kEnC

 Commercial Edition download page -- http://bit.ly/18tkbKU

 Open Source Edition on Github -- http://bit.ly/18tkpBF

 Virtuoso 7.0 special offers -- http://bit.ly/11zHXB2

Feedback of all sorts is welcomed and encouraged!

Regards,

Ted