Re: [White House announcement] We're making a lot more data open to the public

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> I understand your concern, but having the White House say
> "machine-readable" and "open formats" is huge.  Linked Data is both, so it
> fits.

Totally agree. It is huge. Of course. We all agree. But we are a "Linked
Open Data" community not an "Open Data" community. So as a LOD community we
should raise more awareness and NOT be satisfied with this data just being
open (3rd star?), we should strive for better data using URIs and
Interlinks (5 stars). Not being satisfied with something will raise more
awareness and convince people to use what we are preaching!