Re: Petitioning ISWC to allow Web friendly formats

On 5/6/13 12:03 PM, "Pascal Christoph" <christoph@hbz-nrw.de> wrote:

>>>Given that generalization, PDF is not as Web friendly as HTML and
>>>friends,
>>
>> That is a definition that YOU have chosen. It is not one that is used by
>> any official standards body, government regulation, etc. As such, it's
>>use
>> creates confusion amongst the uninformed user and that's certainly
>> something none of us want.
>
>In the contrary , these official standard bodys are uninformed and thus
>is the
>normal user.

They are?  Can you provide an example of a recognized standards body -
W3C, ISO, ETSI, etc. - or a specific government regulation is that
"uninformed"??

>There are many Articles explaining the cons (and pros) of PDF, e.g [1].
>
>[1]http://www.siamcomm.com/website-design/using-pdf-files-pros-and-cons/

You will notice in the comments on that page that I noted (back in 2009!!)
just TWO features of PDF that the author of the article was UNIFORMED
aboutŠ

Leonard