Re: A request for conference organizers and promoters

As is well-known, (X)HTML+RDFa as a conference proceeding format has failed
due to links, inability to make conformant (X)HTML, and RDFa being
generally hard to write.

I think ePub (HTML5 profile) will solve these, and when that is more
mature, I'd be happy to switch conferences I'm co-chairing to a ePub or
HTML5 format. Sorry, but not (X)HTML+RDFa for reasons Ivan, Daniel, and
others mentioned.We'd also need good conversion tools between ePub/HTML5
and PDF, but I think those will happen quickly given the market demand
around PDF and ePub, a market demand that does not exist for (X)HTML+RDFa.

(typed as chairing WebSci 2013).