Re: Outdated linkeddata.org website

hi luca, here are my 2 cents.

what i would do with a domain like => linkeddata.org <= is :

option 1 (preferred).

- take the opportunity to get to know virtuoso, use the sioc
capabilities, write sioc blog with nice vsp templates.
- take the opportunity to learn about webID and apply ACLs to the sioc
wiki
- take the opportunity to learn about void and describe the datasets
using void.
- take the opportunity to learn about visualization, create a sparql
writer for the most common json visualization format (ie protovis or the
like) and create a dynamic dataset visualization (alternativly go the
java way and create treeML (graphML) to create prefuse visualizations.
- take the opportunity to learn about data access in other languages
and provide data access examples in php, perl, python, c#, whatever...

option 2.

checkout ontowiki and see how far can get with it.

option 3.

- take the opportunity to learn about openRDF sesame API (Jena), write 3
servlets (sparql endpoint, changeset handler, dereferencer) and use
container based auth => for the moment <= (or use tomcat webIDRealm
(which could be enhanced during this endeavour))

in any case I : use dbpedia categories, dmoz or the like to categorize
datasets.
in any case II : forget about drupal, wordpress and the like "as forever
as possible".

wkr j

--
| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION