Re: Why is it bad practice to consume Linked Data and publish opaque HTML pages?

From: Dominic Oldman <doint@oldman.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:24:22 +0100 (BST)
To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

Just to expand this.

- Having as few conditions as possible facilitates the use of linked
data. By not having to think about conditions linked data can work more
freely - as it is meant to.

Aggregators such as Europeana have (where possible) gone for CC0 to create a friction free service.

Many people reusing Museum linked data will cite the source anyway because it gives some authority to the data they use.

It would be extremely helpful if web sites included the URI sources for
the data they use (in the same way that they might include a URL) so
that people can see the source and providers can use the information to
improve their data. Providing the URIs is very beneficial and is
relatively easy to include in any reuse code (if people are developing
against an EndPoint to create a web site then including the main URI of
the data in the source is not onerus).

How do we encourage good practice in this area?