Re: Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?

On 3/29/13 5:57 AM, Maria Maleshkova wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> visualisation is obviously a very hot topic currently and there are a
> lot of tools and implementations, which provide different level of
> support. Some simply do a graph visualisation based on the links,
> other provide multiple visualisation forms to choose from.
>
> What I will try to do while preparing the chapter and the catalog is
> to identify the different visualisation needs that each of the tools
> address (simple browsing, exploring hierarchies, identifying
> relationships) . Furthermore, it is obvious that particular types of
> data are better visualised in a certain way (geo-spacial data --> maps).
>
> Naturally, the collection of tools should be available in an annotated
> way.
>
> As Barry mentioned, in creating the different chapters, we are trying
> to pick only the corresponding supporting technologies and tools.
>
> Maria

Re. visualization I forgot to mention the HTML5 based PivotViewer effort
[1].

Links:

1. https://github.com/openlink/html5pivotviewer -- Github project
2. http://bit.ly/YU5Izw -- example using Linked Data from BBC nature
(click on the "edit" button to access the SPARQL Query Editor).

Kingsley