Re: Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?

Hi Barry,

your project - of course I agree :-)

However, I don't really see what e.g. GATE would have to do with "providing linked data" in any different way than Stanbol. Like Stanbol, it is also a framework and API, so I'd move this to Chapter 5 as well.

Now reading the abstract on your webpage, I see you are actually referring to GATECloud, so this might be a slightly different case - our company RedLink (www.redlink.at, currently in the process of incorporation) will provide Stanbol-as-a-Service in a similar fashion in the coming weeks (including a for-free service). :)

Greetings,

Sebastian

Am 29.03.2013 um 10:17 schrieb Barry Norton:

> Sebastian, Bernadette, Kingsley,
>
> Just to note (lest the conversation slip too far from the original request) that application-building, APIs, frameworks etc. are the subject of a later EUCLID chapter (5) on which we will also consult.
>
> We look forward to following up on some of these points then.
>
> Note that OpenRefine and SKOS are being covered in the current chapter (3), whose webinar is scheduled on 22nd:
> http://euclid-project.eu/events/webinar-providing-linked-data
>
> One valid question is whether you agree with how far we've taken text analytics in Chapter 3 (generic services like DBpedia Spotlight, Zemanta, then use of GATE) versus what we leave for Chapter 5 (Stanbol. etc.)
>
> Barry
>

> On 29/03/13 08:54, Sebastian Schaffert wrote:
>> Hi Maria and Bernadette,
>>
>> Am 28.03.2013 um 20:05 schrieb Bernadette Hyland:
>>

>>> Hi Maria,
>>> Happy to see you're compiling a survey of topics & tools.  May I suggest adding a category called "Linked Data Frameworks" (a peer to Linked Data Browsers).
>>>
>>> For example, in the Linked Data Frameworks category it may include: Callimachus Open Source, OpenLink Software's Virtuoso Open-Source Edition and TopBraid Composer, and others. Note, I don't think these products are direct competitors, rather a class of enterprise products that build on Linked Data.  I'll leave it to the respective companies to describe their products.
>>>
>> I'd like to add Apache Marmotta (http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org) and the Linked Media Framework (http://code.google.com/p/lmf/
>> ). Apache Marmotta implements a complete Linked Data Server with additional features like resource-based updates, reasoning and versioning. It aims to be a reference implementation for the Linked Data Platform once the recommendation stabilizes. The Linked Media Framework builds on top of Marmotta and provides integration with SKOSjs (thesaurus management), OpenRefine (for RDF-izing legacy data), Apache SOLR (for Semantic Search) and Apache Stanbol (content ananlysis and interlinking).
>>
>> Both are aimed at developers and users who want to build Linked Data applications, specifically in combination with Content and Media Management Systems (hence the name "Linked Media Framework"). Apache Marmotta is currently undergoing its first Apache release (some minor license details still to be settled). We expect it to be available after the Easter holidays. The Linked Media Framework will follow with its next release probably end of April, building on the most recent versions of Marmotta, Stanbol and SOLR.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Sebastian

Sebastian