Re: Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?

Hi Maria,
Happy to see you're compiling a survey of topics & tools.  May I suggest adding a category called "Linked Data Frameworks" (a peer to Linked Data Browsers).

For example, in the Linked Data Frameworks category it may include: Callimachus Open Source, OpenLink Software's Virtuoso Open-Source Edition and TopBraid Composer, and others. Note, I don't think these products are direct competitors, rather a class of enterprise products that build on Linked Data.  I'll leave it to the respective companies to describe their products.

I'm involved with the Callimachus Open Source Project.  Callimachus allows Web developers to build applications on Linked Data from your Web browser. [1]   The Callimachus Project is being used for Linked Data projects within federal government, healthcare, pharma, publishing and research.[2]   Visualizations supported by Callimachus include Google Chart Tools, D3.js visualizations, JQuery plug-ins such as DataTables and others.

Thanks for your consideration of adding a possible new category & this OS project.  We look forward to seeing the final survey if you publish it to the list!

Cheers,
Bernadette Hyland

[1] http://callimachusproject.org
[2] http://callimachusproject.org/docs/1.0/callimachus-for-web-developers.docbook?view#Who_is_using_Callimachus

PS.  A new book called "Linked Data: Structured data on the Web".  It is intended to help educate Web developers & practitioners on the use of Linked Data, including visualizations. Authors include: D. Wood, M. Zaidman, L. Ruth and M. Hausenblas.  It will be available in soft back in June 2013. The first chapter if free & gives a good overview.  See http://www.manning.com/dwood/