 From: Oscar Corcho <ocorcho@fi.upm.es>
To: Maria Maleshkova <maria.maleshkova@kit.edu>; public-lod@w3.org
Cc: euclid-project@sti2.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?

Hi Maria,

If you are interested in covering map-based visualizations, you may want to add Map4RDF (http://oegdev.dia.fi.upm.es/map4rdf/)

Oscar

--

Oscar Corcho
Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Facultad de Informática
Campus de Montegancedo s/n
Boadilla del Monte-28660 Madrid, España
Tel. (+34) 91 336 66 05
Fax  (+34) 91 352 48 19
De:  Maria Maleshkova <maria.maleshkova@kit.edu>
Fecha:  miércoles, 27 de marzo de 2013 17:49
Para:  <public-lod@w3.org>
Asunto:  Visualizing Linked Data - did we miss anything?
Nuevo envío de:  <public-lod@w3.org>
Fecha de nuevo envío:  Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:28:39 +0000

Dear all,

we are trying to compile a survey of topics and tools for visualizing Linked Data. This is part of the contributions of the European project EUCLID (http://www.euclid-project.eu/), which aims to provide an educational curriculum for Linked Data practitioners. So far we have created training materials on introducing the Linked Data principles and application scenarios [1], and on querying Linked Data [2]. Currently we are working on covering visualization. If you are a developer or a user of methods or tools, which are relevant and we have missed, please let us know (direct reply to the email or euclid-project@sti2.org and on Twitter https://twitter.com/euclid_project).

All training materials produced by EUCLID are freely available [3] (Attribution) and can be reused for trainings and educational activities.

	*  Linked Data Visualization
	* Visualisation Techniques
	* Visualizing the Linked Data Cloud
	* Requirement for Visualisation Tools
	* Visualizing Different Data Dimensions
	* Existing Linked Data Visualisations
	* Simple bar and pie charts, histograms, line and scatterplots
	* Node-link tree and graph visualisations, in both 2D and 3D
	* Matrices, parallel co-ordinates
	* Timeline and topology plots, map and landscape views
	* Space-filling visualisations such as tree maps, rose diagrams, icicle, bubble and sunburst plots
	* Iconography, including star and glyph plots
	* Text-based
	* Linked Data Browsers
	* sig.ma, sindice, OpenLink RDF Browser, Marbles, Disco - Disco Hyperdata Browser, Piggy Bank, part of SIMILE, Zitgist DataViewer, iLOD, URI Burner
	* Browsers with Visualisation Options
	* Tabulator, IsaViz, OpenLink Data Explorer, RDF Gravity, RelFinder, DBpedia Mobile, LESS http://less.aksw.org/
	* Further: SIMILE Exhibit, Haystack, FoaF Explorer, Humboldt, LENA, Noadster, mSpace, Revyv, RKBExplorer, Semanlink
	* Visualisation toolkits
	* Information Workbench Linked Open Data, Graves
	* SPARQL Visualisation

Thank you for your feedback!

Visit out website for further resources: http://www.euclid-project.eu
Twitter: https://twitter.com/euclid_project
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/euclidproject
Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/euclidprojectLinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Education-Training-on-Semantic-Technologies-4917016

[1] http://www.euclid-project.eu/modules/chapter1
[2] http://www.slideshare.net/EUCLIDproject/querying-linked-data, https://vimeo.com/61618438, https://vimeo.com/61618437
[3] Attribution 3.0 Unprotected http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

--
Maria Maleshkova
Senior Researcher

KIT ­ University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National
Large-scale Research Center of the Helmholtz Association