Re: Shopping for research venues

On 3/20/13 7:36 AM, Sarven Capadisli wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> I would like to know which venues (e.g., conferences, journals) are
> out there that accepts research documents in
> (X)HTML+CSS+JavaScript+MathML+SVG etc. as the primary and final
> format. On that note, which accepts an HTTP URI of the research?
>
> As far as I know, there are none out there, but I want to be wrong
> about this!
>
> What I'm hoping for are a bunch of things:
>
> Although not ultimately necessary, a venue to submit to that would
> have some weight given "reviewed and approved" stamps.
>
> Not being at the mercy of classical publishers needs when it comes to
> sharing knowledge given the technologies that we have at our disposal.
>
> In the absence of such forward-looking venues, I would love to see an
> open discussion on what's really needed to make it happen and be it
> the default approach when it comes to sharing research findings.
> Pragmatic approaches are always welcome, so, this doesn't have to be
> about "how to we make all scholarly publishing get on the Web?", but
> rather for starters, "how do we make scholarly work of Linked Data and
> Semantic Web researchers and practitioners get on the Web"?
>
> I don't mean to belittle or overlook the hard work that some groups
> are already actively involved in e.g., Semantic Web Journal, Semantic
> Web Dog Food, FORCE11. I'm merely looking for more out of this community.
>
> For those that this sounds desirable, please voice yourself because
> there are indeed many like you!
>
> Humbly yours,
>
> -Sarven
> http://csarven.ca/#i

+1

Dog-fooding is important. Basically, exemplify what you seek from
others. The more this is done the easier it will become for others to
appreciate the virtues inherent in Linked Data and its underlying
exploitation of Web Architecture.

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com