Re: Shopping for research venues

Hi,

Cannot answer your first question, but I think the idea is worth exploring.
You would need a few things:
1) A guarantee that the content at the page doesn't change without notice, so that comments/judgements refer to the correct thing. You can use some checksum-based method for this.
2) Some consistent format and annotation, to facilitate search. Not only from a computational perspective, we rely on some pattern (abstract/methods/result) to quickly scan some artifact. So ok, we can have some guidelines the research paper need to comply to (so we need a sort of validator).
3) Some guarantee of persistency. That could be supplemented by an established archives that can resolve dead URLs....
4) A peer review sort of system, that in this case could be post-publication, maybe coupled with some new metrics.
5) A selection criteria could be useful as well.

I'm sure you know: http://figshare.com. They store different things (not executable), but no peer-review associated.
For executable content, beside Javacript&webby thing, it could make sense to publish virtual machines these days.

best,
Andrea