Re: Modeling the author's position from research papers into RDF graph

On 6/30/13 2:03 PM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Hello Silvio,
>
> thanks!
>
> http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1
> and
> https://github.com/Bonubase/dicom2rdf
> now use co:List.

Michael,

I don't know if I already suggested this to you on the HCLS list, but
please consider adding some of the following relations to this ontology
so that its becomes easier to explore using Linked Data's
follow-your-nose pattern via existing Linked Data browsers:

1. rdfs:isDefinedBy
2. wdrs:describedby .

Here's how I've applied the relations outlined above to my local
instance of your ontology, using SPARQL 1.1:

## SPARQL ##

## Ontology URI  http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1#
## Ontology Description Document URL: http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1

LOAD <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1> ;

INSERT
{GRAPH <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1>
        {
             ?s rdfs:isDefinedBy <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1#> .
             <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1#>
<http://open.vocab.org/terms/defines> ?s.
             <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1#> a owl:Ontology .
             ?s <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#describedby>
<http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1> .
             <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1>
<http://open.vocab.org/terms/describes> ?s .
         }
}
WHERE
{GRAPH <http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1>
         {
             {?s rdfs:subClassOf ?o}
             UNION
             {?s rdfs:subPropertyOf ?o}
             UNION
             {?s owl:equivalentClass ?o}
             UNION
             {?s owl:equivalentProperty ?o}
             UNION
             {?s a ?o}
         }
  }

## SPARQL End ###

Kingsley

> Regards,
>
> Michael Brunnbauer
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:35:33PM +0200, Silvio Peroni wrote:
>> Dear Michael,
>>
>>> am I missing something or is there no way to close an empty list with the
>>> Collections Ontology ? That would be bad.
>> It is of course possible to make empty list using CO, since neither co:firstItem nor co:lastItem are mandatory for the class co:List ? i.e. co:List is restricted to be a subclass of
>> 	co:lastItem max 1 and co:firstItem max 1
>>
>> Thus, you can define empty list as follows:
>>
>> :my-list a co:List ;
>> 	co:size "0"xsd:nonNegativeInteger .
>>
>> I hope it might help.
>>
>> Have a nice day :-)