 From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: The Test of Independent Invention (was: What Does Point Number  3 of  TimBL's Linked Data Mean?)

I hope you realize that the point of that thought experiment is to
ensure that the technology in question is sufficiently powerful and
flexible, so that *if* a parallel technology were discovered, the two
could be extended to encompass each other with minimal added cost --
*not* that it is in any way desirable to have such parallel technologies.

David