Re: The Great Public Linked Data Use Case Register for Non-Technical End User Applications

On 6/23/13 5:36 PM, Barry Norton wrote:

> Are you confusing Linked Data and Linked Open Data?

Of course not!

Web-like structured data enhanced with explicit entity relationship
semantics enables serendipitous discovery at the public or private level.

"Open" has nothing to do with "Public" . "Open" is about standards and
the interoperability they accord.

> Even if applications were all built on LOD (which they're not), and
> described themselves as LOD (which they don't), I don't buy this argument.

Not by point, I said nothing about the Public Linked Open Data Cloud.
Likewise, I said nothing about Public Domain data.

> It's interesting that you think "this is Web 101" when Google struggle
> to assemble a complete list of anything, while Wikipedia is full of
> lists and lists of lists and lists of lists of lists.

Again, it is Web 101 to publish content with discovery in mind. That has
nothing to do with 100% precision when you seek.

Now, if you want to learn about precision and find, that's where the
power of web-like structured data endowed with machine- and
human-comprehensible entity relationship semantics come into play.

And if you wanna play ball, then take a look at how we dog-food via
public demonstration at: http://lod.openlinksw.com .

Please note the "lod" doesn't mean public cloud. It just means you can
have this massive amount of Linked Open Data hosted in public or in
private en route to exploiting high precision search and find that based
on entity relationship semantics.

I thought you were clearly aware of the fact the Linked Open Data !=
Publicly available data etc..

Please, I told you before, and I will tell you again "don't try to teach
parents how to make babies!"

Kingsley