Re: RDF, Linked Data etc : please ping me when it's over ...

On 19 June 2013 14:44, Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> wrote:

> I guess I'm not the only one : I'm about to put a filter rule on my inbox
>
> "from public-lod" AND (contains "RDF" and "Linked Data") => trash
>
> No one having a decent full-time job and normal life can have the
> bandwidth (not even speaking of the will or interest) to follow those
> threads. It's too bad because there is certainly a lot of amazing stuff I
> miss.
>
> So please ping me when it's over, and if someone can write a summary and
> possibly draw useful conclusions, please do so and post it on a stable URI
> where everything could be parsed in a single piece of document.
>
> Note : anyone willing to do that is both a saint and a fool :)

*Summary

*
*Fact Finding*
*
*
1. Person A and Person B had a disagreement on the definition of linked
data.

2. Person A asked the group if Linked Data implies RDF

3. Group said Yes

*Interpretation*

4. Person A interpreted this as Linked Data REQUIRES RDF

5. Several Objections to this interpretation were voiced.  And Sustained.

*Conclusion*

6. Some observers wished to continue arguing about it

7. Several observers said it really doesnt matter, let's get on and work

8. Person A and Person B sorted out their differences

Ping: it's over