Re: Proof: Linked Data does not require RDF

On 6/18/13 3:55 AM, Luca Matteis wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Manu Sporny
> <msporny@digitalbazaar.com <mailto:msporny@digitalbazaar.com>> wrote:
>
>     Here's the first way (plain 'ol JSON object):
>

> Again our bible is Tim-Berners Lee's definition ("Use open standards
> from W3C"). Microdata, HAL and other formats you're mentioning are
> *not* W3C standards.
Again, this debate isn't about the W3C's specs or world view. The fact
that this list is hosted on a W3C server doesn't automatically insert
its world view into the context of this conversation/debate.

The issue at hand here is the concept of Linked Data.

A W3C spec (e.g., from the RDF workgroup) has the full power and
authority to define Linked Data as it sees fit. That doesn't mean the
fundamental concept is a so-called "term or art" for the W3C etc..

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen