Re: The need for RDF in Linked Data

On 6/17/13 8:49 AM, Barry Norton wrote:

> Agreed. It always amuses me to hear how Web/REST is not coupled to HTTP.
>
> Applying for a Web job without HTML/HTTP skills is like applying for a
> Linked Data job without RDF/HTTP.
>
> The rest might be interesting to some, but is of zero practical
> consequence.
>
> Barry

Barry,

The point here isn't about what's the perception. The debate here is
about technical reality expressed in architecture. Also, REST isn't
architecture at all, that's just an attempt to describe the kind of
client-server computing HTTP enables.

Does the world conflate the World Wide, Web, HTML, HTTP etc.. of course
they do. That doesn't turn it into actual technical architecture.

Kingsley